Employment Assistance

What information do I need?

On the day you apply for CalWORKs assistance, you will be asked to complete Application Packet and meet with an Eligibility Worker at which time your intake appointment will be scheduled. Program eligibility will be determined at the intake appointment, not when the application packet is submitted.

To expedite the process, you are advised to bring the following items with you if applicable:

  1. Identification (drivers license or identification card).
  2. Social Security Card or verification that you have applied for all family members.
  3. Verification of rent and utilities.
  4. Statements of bank accounts and any other resources.
  5. Proof from US Citizenship & Immigration Services of permanent resident alien status.
  6. Immunization records for children under 6 years old.
  7. Verification of income, wages and Social Security Benefits.
  8. A copy of vehicle registration.