Required Documentation

At your In-Person Orientation, you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Identification Documents:
    • Social Security Card:
      • Important: The Social Security Administration is no longer able to provide a printout of your Social Security information for IHSS. If you need to replace your Social Security card it may take 4-6 weeks to receive your card. You cannot enroll as a provider until you have your Social Security card.
    • Photo Identification:
      • An original and unexpired document issued by a state or federal government agency containing a photograph and signature, such as:
        • A Driver’s License or identification card issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
        • A Driver’s License or identification card issued by another state’s DMV.
        • An unexpired identification document issued by a state, federal, or federally recognized American Indian Tribal government agency.
        • U.S. Passport

Note: The IHSS Public Authority can only accept original documents. The name on your identification document must match the name on your Social Security card.

If you have any questions regarding the Provider Enrollment Process or your status as a provider, please call the Public Authority at (831) 454-4036.