Skip to Content

What is Adult Protective Services?

Adult Protective Services (APS) provides intervention services to protect elderly and dependent adults from abuse, neglect, or exploitation.

Report Abuse

Who do I call?

The identity of reporting parties is protected and kept confidential but "mandated reporters" must identify themselves when reporting.

If you suspect elder or dependent adult abuse:

  • Call our hotline at 1 (866) 580-HELP (4357) or (831) 454-4101
  • You can report 24 hours a day, including holidays, all reports are kept confidential

In a Long Term Care Facility

  • Call the Ombudsman's Offices at (831) 429-1913 or (831) 688-8833


  • For emergencies call 911