Thursday, September 21, 2017

Provider Enrollment Appointment

Important Information:

  • Be on time for your appointment.
  • IHSS Public Authority can only accept original documents.
  • Bring all required documentation.

What information do I need for my Independent Provider enrollment appointment?

  1. Original Social Security Card
  2. Current and valid Driver's License or another U.S Government issued photo ID card.

Note: The name as it appears on your Social Security Card must be identical to the name as it appears on your U.S. Government issued identification card. This include middle names and surname(s).

What if I cannot find my original Social Security Card?

The Social Security Administration office will no longer provide a printout of your Social Security information for IHSS. If you need a Social Security card it may be 4-6 weeks to receive your card. You cannot enroll as a Provider until you have your Social Security card.

LiveScan Fingerprint Imaging

At your enrollment appointment, Public Authority staff will provide you with the LiveScan form. Even if you have already had a background check for another job, everyone applying to be an IHSS Independent Provider must have a background check using the forms we provide. Take the LiveScan form and submit it to one of the many local businesses listed at the Office of the Attorney General website. There is a fee for this service.